Tamiami Youth Fair Grounds
Miami-Dade County Fire Department l Mayor’s Office
TYPE OF PROJECT
Community Based Test Site | Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Medical Supplies
- Lab Services
- Logistics Management
- HIPAA Data Management
- Coordination with state and local health department
Miami-Dade County recently tasked CDR Health to provide scarce COVID19 PCR Test Kits and Laboratory Services to the County’s Community Based Testing Center (CBTC) at Tamiami Youth Fair Grounds. CDR was able to acquire 5,000 tests kits to supply the CBTC, which is processing 250-300 patients per day. In addition, CDR is responsible for logistics management and database reporting into the state’s Department of Health system “Merlin.”
Upon issuance of the Notice to Proceed, CDR delivered 5,000 PCRs test kits, FedEx clinical packs and priority-overnight labels within 48 hours. With lab processing taking on average 7-10 days due to the backlog at existing labs, CDR contracted with its own private lab to ensure results within 72 hours. Lab results have been turned around on average between 48-72 hours after receipt.
In addition, CDR joined forces with the Florida International University Medical School who was responsible for operating the site. CDR coordinated with the Medical School and executed the appropriate contracts to allow FIU students to contact patients that tested COVID19 negative. This allowed the students to develop patient contact skills. CDR also provided customized reports to FIU to assist in patient outreach.
- Provided turnkey test site services, including site infrastructure, staffing, CLIA field extension and electronic patient registration and resulting.
- Through a more efficient site set up, CDR increased the test sites throughput and increased site testing volume by triple.
- Provide patient notification for results via email, text message and call back.
- Created an online patient portal to electronic registration patients via scanned ID or QR code and for patients to view, download and print their test results online.
- Provide an IT infrastructure including hardware and support.
- Contracted with a call center that contacts an average of 20,000 patients a day.
- Provide just-in-time supply chain management including shipping supplies and collateral materials.
- Provide instructions and guidelines to be disseminated to patients regarding how to access their results.
- Provide a CLIA field extension and related personnel training.
- Provide CLIA standard operating procedures and quality control procedures.