COVID-19 MOBILE MISSION – STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
State of Massachusetts
The State of Massachusetts |Department of Public Health
TYPE OF PROJECT
Community-Based Mobile Immunization Program | Socially Vulnerable Population
- Mobile Vaccination Site Services
- Socially Vulnerable Vaccination
- Vaccination Backlog Solution
- Staffing and Infrastructure
- Data Management
- Medical Equipment
- Medical Supplies
- Supply Chain Management
- Appointment Scheduling
- Patient Registration
- Patient Portal
- Cold Chain Storage
- Logistics Support
- State Reporting
During the COVID-19 Delta surge, the State of Massachusetts endured a massive staffing shortage resulting in a homebound patient backlog of over 2,000 patients. The state contracted CDR|Health to help relieve the backlog within the first month of operation.
Additionally, CDR|Health provided COVID-19 registration, site management, customer support services, real-time dashboard, and reporting services. CDR|Health maintained their full COVID-19 operations from start to finish, including record keeping of all patient vaccine data, and post-vaccination adverse event monitoring, vaccination storage, mobile units, staff, PPE, IT infrastructure, required licensures and more.
- Staffing, electronic patient registration, and appointments.
- Screened patients for COVID-19 symptoms before and during the visit and for contraindications and precautions for the specific vaccine(s) in use before receiving that vaccine(s).
- Maintained an adequate cold storage to safely store the vaccines and monitored vaccine unit storage temperatures, complying with the terms of a valid Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration.
- Ensured that vaccine administrators and other staff followed all relevant infection control protocols (e.g., wearing appropriate PPE).
- Appropriately and expeditiously respond to any adverse events or other medical emergency and provide patients with the appropriate level of care on-site or arrange for appropriate transportation for care off-site.
- Facilitated coordinating with sites and scheduled a vaccine clinic at least 24 hours in advance and provide a method for patients to register without pre-scheduled appointments.
- Daily reporting of patient results to the State Department of Health, including the provision of numerous reports to local departments of health.