COVID-19 support commonwealth of Massachusettes
HOMEBOUND VACCINATION SERVICES
Commonwealth of Massachusetts | Department of Public Health | MassHealth | Executive Office of Health and Human Services
TYPE OF PROJECT
Community Based Immunization Program | Vaccine Data Management
- Vaccine Site Staffing
- Vaccine Supplies
- Vaccine Site Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Logistics Support
- State Reporting
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts was severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, with several counties experiencing a heavy amount of cases. With concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19, the Commonwealth approved dispatching mobile vaccine units to various communities to combat the disease.
CDR Maguire, Inc. maintained COVID-19 vaccine site set ups and operations, record keeping of all patient vaccine data, and post-vaccination adverse event monitoring. CDR prioritized the activities of neighborhoods with high COVID-19 burden, including communities of color, rural populations, indigenous communities, people with mobility challenges, and other unvaccinated individuals.
- Screened patients for COVID-19 symptoms before and during the visit and for contraindications and precautions for the specific vaccine(s) in use before receiving that vaccine(s).
- Maintained an adequate location to safely store the vaccines and monitored vaccine unit storage temperatures, complying with the terms of a valid Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration.
- Ensured that vaccine administrators and other staff followed all relevant infection control protocols (e.g., wearing appropriate PPE).
- Appropriately and expeditiously respond to any adverse events or other medical emergency and provide patients with the appropriate level of care on-site or arrange for appropriate transportation for care off-site.
- Contributed an IT infrastructure including hardware and support.
- Facilitated coordinating with sites and scheduled a vaccine clinic at least 24 hours in advance and provide a method for patients to register without pre-scheduled appointments Provide a CLIA field extension and related personnel training.
- Provided CLIA standard operating procedures and quality control procedures.
- Daily reporting of patient results to the State Department of Health, including the provision of numerous reports to local departments of health.
- Interagency and contractor coordination and communication between state term contractors, the Executive Office of Health and Human Services, and the MassHealth.